Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Rough week for Bella.....

While we were away camping for the weekend Bella got sick with what originally seemed to be a stomach bug at the time. She started complaining of pain in her neck, stomach, and knee early Saturday and ended up feeling pretty crappy by the end of the day. Then in the middle of the night she was kind enough to vomit all over mom (aren't I lucky?). She slept all day Sunday as we packed to head back home and barely ate anything all day. Now it is Wednesday, day three of missing school and still not much improvement. No vomiting, no fever, just pain and exhaustion. She has barely eaten and drinks only when I force the issue. Last night she woke me up three times because the pain in her neck and stomach hurt so much. It could just be a stomach bug that is making her JA symptoms much worse, but I'm not a doctor, so I'm hoping to get some answers soon. When you are on MTX injections (low dose chemo), you become more susceptible to illness and often times it is much worse because your immune system is so weak. I'm hoping this is the case and I can get her back up and feeling good really soon. I have two messages in to her Rheumatologist and hope we hear something soon. I'm not sure what to do for her that we haven't already tried. Have I mentioned that Juvenile sucks and it's sucking the life out of my 10 year old?!? Worst part is Bella was so excited for the camping trip this past weekend and was counting down for a month because she got to spend an entire weekend with her friends, who wouldn't love one huge pre teen sleepover?!?! Poor kid got one good day in and was down for the count. So we are hoping to do a camping trip really soon so she can enjoy all the things she missed out on last weekend, BELLA LOVES THE OUTDOORS AND ALL THE FUN CAMPING ACTIVITES! We could use all the goodvibes and well wishes you have to spare..........

No comments:

Post a Comment