Wednesday, November 13, 2013

In Hershey all day ~Bella


       Today I had to go to the hospital. I had to get my chemotherapy shot and learn how to do my shots. At first I was really nervous. My mom and I had to learn how to give me the shots at home. We practiced on a pretend circle that was skin colored. First, we had to wash our hands. Then, we had to take the tube of medicine and clean it with alcohol wipes. Then we had to put the needle into the tube of medicine. We had to suck the medicine into the needle without bubbles. Next, we had to wipe my arm with alcohol wipes. Then my mom pinched my arm and put the needle in. Then she had to push the medicine into my arm. Then when she was done she took it out and threw it away. We have to throw it into a hard plastic bottle for safety. I got the choice to put the needle in my arm, leg, or stomach and I chose my arm. I was most nervous when my mom put the needle in my arm because I thought she didn't know what she was doing. After I was done I got to pick from a goody bag.
Then I got to visit my friend Emilia who was also at the same hospital as me. We had lunch together and got to talk about what she is missing at school because she has been in the hospital for 29 days. She just had surgery to remove cancer from her leg.
(To Emilia):  I THINK EMILIA IS THE STRONGEST PERSON EVER!

Then I had another appointment with a special eye doctor who needed to make sure the arthritis was not in my eyes. Guess what, it is not in my eyes! That is really good news. But I have to go back once a year to keep getting checked. If my eyes bother me at all I have to go back right away.
My eyes were so blurry after I left and the sun made them hurt so bad.


Today my knee and ankles hurt me and my back hurts a little too. I am so tired right now.

GUESS WHAT? Today I am started my food drive. I have been doing it for 5 years in a row. I want to get 2000 pounds of food. PLEASE DONATE! Help the needy.

BYE!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment