Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What are the odds???

During the last 5 months our little town has been bombarded with childhood disease/disorders, all of which are friends of Bella (and Bella). I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around how and why this has suddenly happened to these young girls. Obviously, Bella was diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis, her other friend was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma (rare bone cancer), another friend was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, and one was diagnosed with Epilepsy. These girls are not only beginning their journey through puberty, but now have to deal with life long medical issues. These girls have spent more time at doctor appts, tests, therapy, pharmacies, and have taken more pills/shots than I have my whole entire life. The courage I have seen in this group of girls is remarkable, far beyond what you would expect from pre-teens. I admire their strength and ability to take on adult responsibilities.
I would never wish any of these medical issues on anyone, but I am glad that these 4 girls have each other. They are not alone in their battle, they have each other. When no one else understands their pain, frustration, and victories.....they can turn to each other for support. I am grateful that Bella has all of these girls on he side!




They will "FIGHT LIKE A GIRL" until there is a cure!

Ladies, always remember that, "We are in this together"!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jamie!!! I couldn't have said it better:) These girls are so strong and brave! I am so proud of all of them! And yes - we mammas have to stick together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! You have said it perfectly <3
    I know that We are all struggling with the battles these young girls are going through, but I am so very grateful that they at least all have each other, and most importantly that WE all have each other, because let me tell you, doing this on my own would have driven me into the ground! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete